2.07.2008

Overheard

Sorry for the radio silence. Here's a lame attempt to catch you up:

I don't have pictures, unfortunately, but Samson has been playing a lot with his little kitchen. Specifically, he's been putting a pot on his head and walking around the house singing "I'm a pot-head; I'mmm a pot-head; I'm a POT-HEAD!" I can't wait to get this note from school. Although to be honest, I think his teacher, Ms. Carrie, has probably been to her share of Phish concerts, so this might not be a big deal after all.

He also met the girls next door yesterday. [Did I mention we had two college juniors move in next door? The family who bought the house over the summer couldn't sell their current house and so have rented this new one for the time being. Which means we now have Brittany and Erica and assorted other people next door to us.]

Anyway, they're very nice. They are also, apparently, under surveillance. When Samson met Brittany, who was returning a pyrex she'd borrowed, he said "We always watch you from the window." Which, since I'm pretty sure neither Vicki nor I are spying on these two, means that Samson has been looking across the way from his bedroom. Maybe he meant "we" as in "me and Jane"?

Potty-training continues apace, and Sam is doing really well. He is, unfortunately, obsessed with bottoms. As in "Want to see my bottom?" or "Boys stand and pee but girls, they pee from the bottom." The less said about this the better.

As for Jane, still no real words, but this morning at breakfast she looked over at Samson and said "sa-sa," so I think we're getting there. Unfortunately, she's just too busy climbing things and not sleeping and trying to walk to worry too much about words right now.

No comments: