10.07.2008

With imaginary friends like these

Samson has a pretty vivid imagination (surprise, surprise) and has been talking about his friend Olga-Miga for some time now. Where the name came from, I don't know, but Olga-Miga used to be one of the 100 brothers Sam used to claim to have. Seriously, he told his new teacher, when she met Jane, that in addition to a sister he had a hundred brothers. And then started making up names. Like Olga-Miga.

At some point, however, he [and on this point Samson is emphatic: Olga-Miga is not a girl] was demoted to being just a friend. And lately, the mysterious O-M has been a bully. Tonight at dinner I got the following report:

Samson: "Today Olga-Miga was being mean to me. He said I wasn't his friend and that I was stupid."

Me: "Wow, that wasn't very nice of him. So what did you do?"

Samson: "I kicked him under a car and he went into the street and died."

Me: "Oh."

No comments: