12.11.2005

Excuse me

I blame myself for this; I really do. Samson, when he burps, laughs and says "whoa."

I should explain. He's still probably teetering at the 20-lb. mark, but for some reason, when he burps it's like we have John Madden sitting in the highchair. [Note to Mr. Madden: I'm sure you're a nice guy, but I had to guess at which large celebrity would be a loud burper and you were top of mind. All apologies].

Now, all along, I should have been gently reminding him (as I have of late) "Samson, say 'excuse me.'" But, and it caught me totally unaware the first time I heard him say it, I guess I've been voicing my surprise/wonder/admiration lo these many months.

Hence the big burp and little voice that says "whoa."

We'll have to work on this before he goes to school. There was a kid in my elementary school who could burp the alphabet. Loudly. He was like a rock star. Unfortunately, he was still doing it in high school (and may still be doing it now as he finishes out his sentence for assault --- I wish I was kidding about that last part).

No comments: