12.29.2005

Worst...state...ever

We're back from our little vacation in NY, and while I don't have a lot of time to write right now, I did want to note that we had a great time and even managed to avoid the tie-ups associated with the NYC transit strike.

Unfortunately, what we couldn't avoid on the way home was Delaware. "Small wonder" indeed.

It took nearly two hours on Monday night for us to travel south on 95 through Delaware. For reference, that's 2 hours to travel about 30 miles. Once we crossed into Maryland, traffic again resumed cruising speed. Which prompted Vicki to mutter "*&@%**!!! Delaware"

Mercifully, Samson slept almost the entire trip [although at one point, during the half hour we spent trying to merge from the rest stop back onto 95, we saw his little head pop up and heard "BUSSSSSSSSSS"]

Now, I'm sure there are lots of people out there with good things to say about Delaware --- beaches and tax-free shopping, and oh the skyline of Dover in springtime.

And I realize the state is more than the small (and costly) stretch of 95 I travel heading north or heading home.

Even so, if Delaware was a kid, his name would be Kyle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Delaware! Why? I am the Governor! Ruth Ann Minner! Check out my website! I am beautiful - no matter what they say!

Anonymous said...

I was born in Delaware on April 23, 1960. I starred in One Day at a Time and was married to Eddie Van Halen. I am Valerie Bertinelli, proud Delaware native.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!!! Valerie Bertinelli reads your Blog, now that is impressive. I would be impressed by the governor since there are only 50 of them, but my mom is the mayor of her senior center 9an honorary position given to her by herself) and she wields more power. the last thing is that Vicki said *#($% and her mom didnt comment on that. this from a woman who wouldn't let me show vicki a godzilla movie when she was younger. And Valerie, If you want to meet Sam in peoson, let me know i got connections.