7.08.2007

Mad Dogs, Englishmen, and Our Family


It was easily 95 degrees outside today, but since today was the second Sunday of the month we didn't want to miss our chance to ride a miniature model train (two actually).

These guys (and I do mean guys) offer free rides once a month. It's kind of a well-kept secret around here, but it's well worth whatever kind of weather you need to endure to experience it.

The track goes in a two-mile loop, complete with crossings, signals, sidings, and the rest. My knowledge of train jargon comes almost exclusively from Thomas the Tank Engine, so all you train cognoscenti out there will have to forgive me if I'm not doing the track justice.


Samson and I rode the freight train, and then he and Vicki rode the freight train, which Sam and I followed up with a ride in little Pullman cars on the New York Central locomotive. Did I mention it was a well-kept secret? There were about two dozen people there, including parents and children, so there was really no waiting and no limit to how many rides you could take. Which accounted for the two Daniels on board for both rides I was on.

I don't want to make any sweeping generalizations from such a small sample size, but Daniel might be making a bid to become the new Kyle.

No comments: