6.02.2006

Sand and water



It's pretty incredible to think that all over the world, regardless of religion, race, or political system, when the weather gets nice, people flock to the ocean's edge.

I'm not even going to attempt to cover the same ground that Melville so eloquently wrote of in the early chapters of Ishmael's narration, but there is something almost mystical about standing at the water's edge and looking out.

One of the greatest things about going home to see my folks in New York is that they only live a few miles from the ocean, and so we try, whenever time and weather permit (sometimes, even when weather doesn't permit) to get to the beach when we're in town.

This was Samson's first experience of the beach during actual beach weather. And while we were there for a picnic dinner [as a family, we're not melanin-equipped for the beach at mid-day], I think he had a really good time.

I know I did.

No comments: