7.11.2006

Marginalia


Samson (with some coaching) has lately taken to demonstrating how strong he is by flexing, gritting his teeth, and growling "strronnng."

He has also picked up some new phrases, including the uber-casual "oh, hiiii," which is how I was greeted yesterday morning when I went in to get him from his crib. It's like he's all of a sudden decided his room is the center square.

In the category of unintended consequences, young Samson has taken my phrase of encouragement --- "great job"--- and decided that since he hears it when he's completed some onerous task (e.g., having his teeth brushed, face/hands washed, diaper changed), he could end those tasks sooner if he said it himself. So I now get the toothbrush near his mouth only to have him say "gretjob" and start ducking and weaving.

More importantly, however, he has become Jackie Chan fast in getting to his feet from his back, and so I really have to be vigilant now when it's diaper time. By the time I hear "gretjob," it's already too late...

No comments: