7.26.2006

Inside voice

It's official: I have now had to ask Samson, in public, to use his "inside voice."

I felt so stereotypically dad-like. Almost like Fred MacMurray, but without the pipe.

Samson has discovered, in recent weeks, the concept of volume. Prior to that, he thought he was yelling by saying words really fast. Which was hilarious.

If he wanted me to come get him from his crib in the morning, I'd hear "daddeh; dadeh," with each syllable getting more clipped as he got impatient.

No more.

It's now: "DADDEH; DADEH"

We are not a particularly loud-talking family, so he's got a solid frame of reference for what "inside" volume should be. But boy, he bring the noise when he wants to.

Speaking of which, Vicki bought him a toy microphone yesterday. I hope he still remembers how to beatbox.

No comments: