1.11.2006

Sentencing

Samson has started putting two words together to form mini sentences. Which is cool not only because it's another milestone, but because he says them with an almost Charlton-Heston-as-Moses-like conviction.

When I got home from work Tuesday night, I walked into the dining room, where he was sitting in his high-chair, not eating his dinner. When he saw me, he looked at Vicki with a smile and said, "dada home." I wonder if he'll ever know the joy he brings us.

In another developmental milestone, I have been trying to teach Samson to beatbox. If you don't know what this is, you are old. Oh, I mean click here.

You can imagine how funny it is 1) for me to do this and 2) to see him try to do it.

I started this the other day when trying to distract him while Vicki cajoled him into eating dinner. For some reason this meal is a struggle; breakfast and lunch he's fine with --- usually --- but come dinner time, he gets all Bobby Sands on us (sorry Dad).

He not only thought the whole beatbox thing was funny, but right away he started to imitate me.

I can't wait until the next time we're on line at the grocery store and Sam E. Fresh busts out some Slick Rick rhythms. You're never too young to be old school.

No comments: