6.02.2007

The Good Earth


Hard to believe it's been a year since we last went strawberry picking, but we went back to the same farm this morning. It was a lot hotter this time around, and --- surprisingly enough --- the place was pretty crowded (by which I mean we weren't the only family there). Even so, it was terrific.

We ended up getting almost 7 pounds of strawberries, which cost us about 8 bucks, so that made it even better.

And I'm pretty sure Samson ate several pounds' worth while he was "helping" us.

The family next to us must have picked 20 or 30 pounds of berries [I'm basing this on our one semi-filled container to their five bursting ones]. They looked a little too NPR to be survivalists, but you never know.

Needless to say, I can't wait for the kids to go to bed so I can make some jam and other treats...

No comments: