9.21.2007

Bring your daughter to work day


Ok, so it's not officially BYDTWD, and I'm sure the designers of the day --- however well intentioned --- did not mean for it to apply to 8 month olds. But Vicki's mom is sick so we split the difference with her going in until noon and me taking Sweet Jane to the office with me.

I think she was pretty underwhelmed with what I do for a living, but at least she was polite about it.

And to be honest, she couldn't have been better behaved. Not only did she give a lot of strangers smiles, but she slept soundly on my shoulder for nearly a half hour while I proofed and revised a document I'd been working on.

We didn't tell Samson about this, as I don't think bring your toddler to work day would go nearly as smoothly.

Plus, I've told him I'm an astronaut...

No comments: