9.12.2007

Shoeless Sam

This morning was Sam's first day in shoes since the spring thaw. Honestly, between the no shoes thing and his desperate need to be naked, you'd think his parents were Pap Finn and Nell.

Yes, I realize he's been wearing Crocs all summer. But I don't feel like those really count. As much as I love them, and I do, they're shoes in the same way that a visor is a hat. Which is to say, not at all.

Anyway, we put his new sneakers on this morning, and I immediately began the P.R. offensive: "I bet you can jump really high in those cool new sneakers."

Sam: "I jump high in my Crocs"

Me: "Yeah, but they fall off."

Sam: "I put them back on."

Me: "Well, I bet everyone at school will really like them."

Sam: "I just don't know."

We finally convinced him to try them by letting him break them in with a footrace around the living room.

If you've been in our living room, you know that we might as well have scheduled a footrace in a FotoMat [remember those?]

Regardless, it seemed to work, and we heard no more about the shoes. Tomorrow, of course, is another day...

No comments: