2.24.2009

Cousins

When I was a kid, my favorite cousins were a year and two years older, respectively, than me. Which meant that getting together with them was always a lot of fun. Unfortunately, they lived in Montreal, so seeing them was kind of an event.

It's possible that this made our times together (vacations, family occasions) all the more special, but I remember always wishing we lived nearer to each other. And I still treasure those memories from my childhood.

I don't have any interest in moving, but watching Samson and Jane play with Luke certainly made me wish our families lived closer. And it not only brought back lots of good memories from my own childhood but made me happy at the prospect of my children creating their own memories with Luke and Nate in years to come....

No comments: