2.23.2009

Road trip


We took a trip up to Connecticut this weekend to meet my new nephew, Nathan. For a baby weighing more than 9 pounds(!) at birth, he was smaller than I'd expected. I think it's probably just been a long time since I've held a newborn.

What a sweet little guy he is. And big brother Luke is doing very well. He still seems a bit confused about it all. Which makes sense. I think Samson is still wondering what hit him, and Jane is now 2.


Anyway, we went up Saturday morning and returned Sunday night. You're probably thinking: "wow, that's a lot of time in the car with two small children." You know what? I KNOW!

Trip highlights include:

* Sam's discovery that the words "pee-pee bottom" make Jane laugh this terrific belly laugh. Every time. Seriously. Every. Time.

* Jane's slow transformation into Michael Winslow. We're not big beepers in our family, but occasionally, you just need to beep. Every horn honk (ours or others) was met with Jane's approximation of the sound.

* Samson has been paying more attention in chapel than we may have realized. On the turnpike going home (somewhere near Cherry Hill), we heard him having a duel with two Playmobil guys. Guy one: "You can't defeat me." Guy two: "I can. I'm a bad guy." Guy one: "You'll never defeat the ISRAELITES!!!"

Also, apparently the kids have unionized. On our trip up (somewhere near the Amboys; God I love New Jersey!), I suggested, for about the 11th time, that they might want to put their heads down and take a nap.

To which Jane said "Noway." And then Sam chimed in: "No. We're not napping. We'll never take a nap." And then they both laughed this weird conspiratorial laugh and started up again with a round of "pee-pee bottom."

Good times in minivan nation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you guys made the trip! Luke was EXHAUSTED on Sat night. His typical "5 books" negotiation started at only "2 books" and we barely made it thru 1. Give him another year and I'm certain he'll be right in line with his cousin Teamsters.