3.18.2009

Madness (not the band)

It's the time of year again when I care about college basketball. This year, rather than simply leaving my bracket picks up to what little hoops knowledge I have, I thought I'd outsource the job. Enter Samson.

Tonight after dinner, we sat at the table, and I explained the idea of the tournament and then asked him to make his picks. I have to say, for a child who has watched less than 3 minutes of college basketball, he did a great job. To be perfectly honest, I was impressed that he sat still with me for that long.

I read each match-up and then asked him to make a choice. I'm pretty sure he based each pick on name alone (which would explain his faith in American to reach the Sweet 16). And while I'm not terribly optimistic about his Robert Morris pick over the Spartans, I think he's right about local favorites Morgan St. might pulling the upset over Oklahoma.

I've now just about exhausted all the tourney talk I'm capable of, and if I could figure out how to put his bracket up as a file I'd gladly share it with you.

That said, I can give you his final four: Kansas, Washington [which Jane kept calling "WashyerHANDS" every time we said the name], Duke, and Western Kentucky.

He's got the final as a match-up between Washington and Duke, with Duke winning the whole thing.

So there you have it. Let the games begin...

1 comment:

michelle said...

What about Radford!?! Come on. I'm sure a the very bottom seed has won before, right :)