3.30.2009

Opening day


So Team A had its first practice/game tonight, and I think it went pretty well. Samson, who is usually brutally honest, told me he had fun.

I don't really have anything to report. Other than the fact that for reasons I can't even begin to fathom, our team has me for a coach while Team B has a guy who used to play minor league ball and who has no kid in the program. Weird. We were running the bases while his squad was working on sacrifice bunts.

OK, not really, but I wondered if this was some kind of little league community service for parents who get ornery in the stands at the upper age levels.

Anyway, Vicki and Jane braved a cold and windy night to watch their guys on the field, and Vicki got a perfect photo of our team.

I wish I could take credit for lining them up at that well, but at that point, I was in the infield making sure our runners advanced from first to second base and so on. It's not as easy as it sounds...

2 comments:

Uncle G said...

Fantastic shot. If the kids weren't all bundled-up, one might mistake this for a late summer evening in the park. Congrats on your earning your first coaching notch. Go Lime Green!

Uncle Tim said...

well tell Sam that its not t-ball but the Orioles vs. the Nationals and fireworks June 26th at Camden Yards. with my compliments and surprises for Jane tooo