4.18.2006

Easter parade, pt. 2


We had a great Easter weekend. Samson got to take part in his first egg hunt. And while he managed to find a few eggs, he was really impressed with the manhole cover he found. He was also totally nonplussed by the sight of a large anthropomorphic bunny. Which tells me I made the right decision in not getting him that Donnie Darko board book for his birthday...

Later on we dyed some eggs, which went pretty well. Although there were times when it felt like that first dinner party at Lord Greystoke's house. The onesie he has on in the picture now looks like it was tie-dyed, but I think he really enjoyed watching the eggs turn different colors.




Easter Sunday was another beautiful day, and Samson was resplendent in his Easter finery. We had a little photo shoot outside our house when we got back from Mass.


We had a terrific, non-ham/non-lamb Easter dinner with friends. No mint jelly for miles around, and we just enjoyed hanging out on a sunny Sunday.

Unfortunately, the night went south with the discovery that our cat, Ishmael, was really sick and hiding upstairs. The poor thing has been to the vet twice in three days, and we still have no idea what the problem is.

I have to admit, I felt a little silly Sunday night sitting in the waiting room of a 24-hour animal hospital offering a silent prayer for my cat to be all right. But if I could petition the Lord for miraculous intervention in October, I could certainly see my way clear to asking for at least some comfort for our little friend.

He's been a part of our family for almost 9 years. Indeed, he provided the impetus for our son's first word (and continuing understanding of the universe as a place without order).

So we're still waiting for lab results and hoping for the best. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: