9.19.2006

School Daze


Samson has now completed his first official week of school. Since Vicki works on Mondays and Tuesdays, his school week is only two days long, but I think it still counts. He did really well. At least as far as I know. His teacher leaves at 4, and we don't pick him up until 4:30, so when I got him today she had left a note that simply covered the basics.

Samson ate well; He took a nap; had a hard time and cried a little. Kind of like a daycare haiku. I'm not sure what I was expecting from a woman charged with caring for five two-year-olds and who probably wrote the note in the nanosecond she wasn't comforting or correcting one of her little charges.

Even so, I'll admit I was a little underwhelmed. I mean, we got a more detailed note from the guy who watched our cat a few years back when we went on vacation. Granted, Dan the Cat Man was a little overzealous in his care for our cat, but still.

Anyway, Samson survived and so did we. It wasn't in the note, but apparently he doesn't like when his teacher, Miss Jacki, takes a bathroom break. He told Vicki tonight: "Miss Jacki bathroom. Crying. Samson stay right there..."


What I would give to be a fly on the wall of his classroom...

No comments: