10.02.2006

Child of the corn


This past weekend was picture-perfect fall weather. So we broke out the barn coats and headed to a farm for some pumpkin picking [more like pumpkin-picking-up] and a run through the corn maze. This maze was a lot bigger than I'd expected, given that the farm is just a few miles from the city, and we got a little lost. A few times. But in the end we made it out safely.


[Sidenote: I think my sister must have seen "Children of the Corn" at a really impressionable age because to this day she has a real fear of cornfields. Seriously. Accordingly, I had Samson call her and leave a message about our adventures. I can't tell Samson that this is one of the things he can look forward to as a big brother, but I'm pretty sure he'll figure it out on his own.]

They even had a little maze made of hay for the little guys. Samson kept stopping at the dead ends and simply climbing over to continue. He was also thrilled to be at a place where he didn't have to use his inside voice. Not even once.


And we did, indeed, pick ourselves up some pumpkins.

No comments: