10.29.2006

Trucks, trucks, and more trucks


We went to the "Touch a Truck" event on Saturday morning. It was a fundraising event benefiting the Junior League. I have no idea who these people are or what they do, but I had always thought they were like a kind of Superfriends type group made up of people named after their more famous fathers. You know, like Hank Williams, Jr.; Frank Sinatra, Jr.; Jr. Pac-Man. And I figured they helped other, less famous people who also bore their father's names.

[I'm like 95 percent sure that this is not this group. I reserve the right to believe such a group exists, however.]

This was one of the best events I've ever been to. It was like Lollapalooza for the pull-ups crowd. There's really no way I could do justice to the kind of time Samson and his friends had at this thing.

Suffice to say that every Saturday between now and Christmas will pale in comparison, and we're really going to have to upsell the whole come-be-my-helper-at-the-grocery-store thing for a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well so much for coming to great uncle tim's worksite to sit in the construction vehicles. and Sam doesn't have a union card to operate the equipment, so that is out.