11.26.2006

Ad astra

Samson's room continues to be a work in progress, but as we continue to decorate the triple-B, we are going with a kind of rocket ship/planets and stars theme.

So we've put some cool glow-in-the-dark stickers up on his ceiling (including the constellation Orion).

Each night when we turn out the lights, he lays back and looks up at the stars. Tonight, as he fought going to sleep with every fiber of his being, I was lying on his floor looking up at the ceiling.

Every once in a while I'd give a soft admonishment about it being time for bed. But in between sleep patrol duties, I just looked up at the stars.

And then it hit me, the ceiling looked a little like a lot of dorm rooms I remember from college.

Needless to say, I'm going to be very watchful to see if he asks for a black light for Christmas.

Good thing Pink Floyd doesn't put out children's albums. Oh, wait.

Far out, Samson. Far out...

No comments: