11.26.2006

Leftovers




Here's my lame-o, catchall post-Thanksgiving recap post.

My folks visited for several days, which was fun. Sort of.

My Dad, through no fault of his own, caught some kind of crazy 48-hour stomach virus, which pretty much took care of him for Wednesday night, Thanksgiving Day, and the day after.

Oh, and we got to take him to the emergency room on Thanksgiving to fend off dehydration/keep him from going into diabetic shock. So that was fun. He's fine now and at home (of course). And he actually rallied on Friday night in time to play with Samson before leaving on Saturday.

But Thanksgiving at our house wasn't exactly Rockwell.

It was more like Gericault. Not exactly, of course, but you get the idea.

Even so, it was good to see my parents, and I know Samson had fun with them. He always does.

No comments: