1.24.2007

Il Postino

Jane, you've no doubt noticed, has a good, thick head of black hair. So did her mother. And apparently her grandmother as well.

Is Jane the Esau to Sam's Jacob? Probably not. She's got blonde eyebrows, and so I expect, just like later pictures of her mom evidence, a little towhead to emerge from under that Sid Vicious hairdo. And to be honest, I'm just glad she's got hair. From what I can tell from the pictures, I had the G. Gordon Liddy look for almost a year and a half. Not such a big deal for a little boy, but I can picture Vicki taping barrettes to poor Jane's melon. So we dodged that bullet.

Anyway, yesterday a colleague joked that Jane must be the mailman's child because of the dark hair.

Hilarious.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a cuckold joke as much as the next guy with a two-week-old baby.

What made the joke funny to me is that our "mailman" is a 225-lb black lady with cornrows.

Samson's protestations to the contrary, I'm pretty sure she didn't have anything to do with it.

No comments: