1.31.2007

Sam fights the law; the law wins

Samson got his first time-out at school yesterday. Which is sort of funny, because Vicki and I were just talking about this the other night, saying how he gets them all the time at home but doesn't seem to ever get in trouble at school.

Not that I was worried, but it's good to know he's comfortable enough now at school to misbehave. [I should be careful what I wish for, but I'd rather him get in trouble occasionally because he feels at home than be scared silly and silent every day at school.]

Apparently he was talking at nap time and then stood up on his cot. Clearly against the rules, and clearly stuff he knows he should not do. [By the way, his cot is about three inches off the ground. Still a bad choice, but not a dangerous one. Like when he tried to stand on the windowsill in his room, using his headboard as a stepping stone. I digress.]

For punishment, he had to sit in the "little chair." According to Samson, one of the other kids in his class had a time-out in the "big chair," so I'm thinking there's a sliding scale for infractions, with Samson's registering on the lower end of things.

When I asked him about it last night, he seemed suitably chastened by the whole experience. We'll see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My how times have changed, for the better I might add. As a child I received the cane on more than one occasion. I wish I'd had a 'time out' chair, probably would have always been in the big chair.