1.12.2009

Dada on the roof


With the winter now hard upon us, finding things to do on the weekends is critical. There's only so much time we can all spend together in our little house before, well, let's just say it's good to get out into the world.

We've been fans of the train museum for a few years now, and it's fun to watch Jane exploring alongside her brother. She can climb into and onto most of the trains now (even the ones marked "Do not climb"), and we had a great time strolling around the roundhouse.

What struck me when I looked at this picture later was just how grown-up Samson looks in this photo. I don't want to get all Tevye on you, but where did the time go?

In a somewhat related vein, we ran into Samson's best friend (and fellow train enthusiast) Jacob during on our visit. The boys played, and Jane sort of followed along a bit.

As we drove home, I asked Sam and Jane what their favorite thing at the museum was. Samson's answer was the crane used to fix the wrecks (I'm sure there's a technical term for this, but as my knowledge of trains comes almost exclusively from the Island of Sodor, I'm calling it the break-down train).

Jane's answer: "Jacob."

Good grief.

No comments: