2.20.2007

A true outside-the-beltway candidate


I turn 35 in June and so am finally eligible to form an exploratory committee and be coy about my plans to run for president. Look for this photo to figure prominently in the 30-second TV spots I'll be running in Iowa and New Hampshire this summer.

I'm so outside the beltway that I actually take touristy photos when I'm in Washington. You want someone untainted by special interests? You've found him.

Of course there are some character questions that may arise. There is the matter of my dodging service in Grenada [I got a spelling bee deferment] as well as concerns about my 2003 statement that "France seems like a pretty OK country."

By the way, this is our new double stroller. In the picture, Jane is snugly sleeping in the compartment below Samson [her head is by my shins]. She was the only one who never got cold that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's face it dada, your military service compares quite favorably with our current crop of leaders. I'd vote for you in a heartbeat, at least you can spell bee! In fact I'd vote for Jane or Samson in their current stages of development and we'd still be ahead of the game!