3.15.2007

Lions and tigers and, possibly, bears



It was 75 degrees today, and Samson got to show his baby sister the zoo.

OK, she actually saw very little of the zoo, but Samson and Jacob had a blast racing the otters around their glassed in habitat at the children's zoo (otters on the inside and S & J on the outside; it's not that kind of children's zoo).

Tomorrow it's supposed to be 38 degrees and snowing. Which is perfect, because we're headed downtown for the circus. I've taken the day off to accompany Samson on his first trip to the big top. His school wisely mandates that every 2- and 3-year-old be accompanied by a parent.

I used to work around the corner from the arena where this is taking place and can remember quite clearly the busloads of kids spilling out onto the sidewalks, tiny mouths agape and frosted with cotton candy wisps, armed loaded down with shiny, flashing, plastic junk. Good times.

I'm actually quite excited to get to spend a Friday with Sam. Even if the circus is terrible (which, in the spirit of full disclosure, I confess I expect it to be), what could be better than a field trip with my guy?

Stay tuned...

No comments: