3.26.2007

Science!

There's no way for me to ensure that when you read the word "science!" you'll hear in your head an audio clip from that classic Thomas Dolby song. But whenever I see that word I almost always hear it like that in my head. So there you have it.


Yesterday was a marathon let's-get-outside day. With the sun finally shining on a weekend, I wasn't about to miss the chance to spend some time outdoors with our family.



Along the shore of the reservoir, Samson and I conducted our very own science experiment.

We started with some field work, noting that little stones make little splashes and medium-sized stones make medium-sized splashes.

Of course, we wondered --- as good scientists do --- what kind of splash a big stone would make. Our findings have not been peer-reviewed yet, but we're pretty sure they make big splashes. At least, those are our early conclusions.

We've proposed a follow-up study with Lake Victoria as a test site, but the funding and regulatory agency that covers travel for scientists (Mommy) isn't sure our methods are sound.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...but how could Mommy ever refuse a trip to Lake Victoria for scientific or any other reasons! Yes Dada I did hear Thomas Dolby, and now the song is stuck in my head! Great pics, thanks.