4.18.2007

Grace

I've written before about Samson's strictness when it comes to saying grace before meals, but tonight we finally got to hear the whole version of what they say at school. All two lines of it:

"We fold our hands and softly say: thank you for our food today. Amen."

This may not seem like a big deal to you, but we've been asking for months about what they say at lunch with no success. We do get full reports on who got a time-out, who tried to eat his lunch (usually Jordan), and other assorted dispatches (e.g., I didn't kiss Nora today). But we've never gotten to hear the whole thing.

So tonight was pretty special.

Not to mention that seeing young Samson fold his hands, put on his most serious (and presumably thankful) face, and say grace almost brought tears to my eyes.

I don't know about you, but given events of late, I could use a little more grace in my life.

No comments: