11.29.2007

Apt pupil


Sweet Jane is already wise beyond her months (11 next week).

Vicki said that Samson and Jane were playing in the basement, and Samson took a toy from her. She let out a pathetic sounding cry and then turned to look at Vicki's reaction.

Sam duly gave her back the toy (which he should have), but he was totally unaware that Jane was beginning the grift.

I think she's just testing things out right now [a "listening tour," if you will], but it won't be long.

I have a younger sister, and she was particularly adept at the Jane maneuver when we were kids, so part of me wants to warn Samson about what's coming. I feel like I've been given some kind of time-traveling ability, and I can use my powers for good to warn Sam of the certain doom that awaits him.

The other part of me (the less charitable part, I guess) thinks it might be fun just to sit back and watch how this all plays out.

No comments: