11.26.2007

Working backwards



I took the day before Thanksgiving off and so was able to enjoy a five-day weekend of reckless abandon. Or at least five days of not shaving or wearing a tie.

Unfortunately, Jane decided I needed a sixth day off and came down with an ear infection late Sunday night. So I stayed home today to take her to the doctor and just do what I could to help the poor thing out.

Somewhere around hour 3 of last night's marathon, it occurred to me --- as I sat on the rocker in her room with her little sleeping head on my shoulder --- that this was the most uninterrupted time I'd gotten with her since those very early months when she hadn't yet gotten night and day straight.

Which is not to say I ignore her, but I just don't get the time with her that I got with Samson because of, well, Samson.

In any event, after a trip to the doctor and an ear exam that left the nurse noting with approval, "she's got quick hands," we got some medicine and were on our way.

There were no naps today, which made my attempts to "work from home" interesting. [I don't think I've ever used any of the Function keys on the laptop; Jane has now used them all.]

But I think she should be OK in a few days. Sleep well, sweet Jane.

No comments: