9.14.2008

Happy birthday, Samson James

We have spent the weekend celebrating Samson's birthday. And, in case you were wondering, the drum kit was a huge hit.

Unfortunately, the snare drum bracket snapped as I was tightening it, so he's only got two drums and a cymbal set up. This occurred last night at around 10 pm, so I cursed the Chinese and their shoddy manufacturing practices e-mailed the seller and hope to get the problem resolved soon.

This missing snare didn't bother him in the least, and I was pretty amazed with just how loudly he could play and how well he could keep a rhythm going. Also, the drums are very loud. Did I mention the loudness?

I hope our new neighbors (more on them later) like the music of Brian Mexico. Although I am sad to report that Oregon Ridge Manhole is no longer together. His new band is called The Heads Down. Which is actually a pretty cool name and makes me think he might have a future as a producer...


Anyway, he is now sound asleep, and I can't believe how quickly four years have gone by. Happy birthday, Samson James.

No comments: