9.08.2008

The Samson monologues

For reasons of search engine un-optimization, I'll have to handle this post delicately. But Ms. Ensler's favorite word has now become a big hit with Samson. Which is, well, interesting.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big fan of using the proper names for things [no child of mine will call sparkling wine "champagne"], but it's really hard not to laugh when he says the word. Particularly because he seems to be channeling the ghosts of coaches and pledgemasters past.

To wit:

I was in the shower, and he came in to the bathroom and wanted to chat. When I told him I wanted a little privacy, he asked: "Why? Do you not want me to see your v_____?"

Or, when he and I were out for a run a few weeks' back. I slowed down going up a hill and he asked if my v____ hurt.

Probably not what the Cos had in mind when he was thinking about reviving Art Linkletter's old show...

No comments: