5.16.2006

Partly sunny, with a chance of Greg

Part of our nightly routine with Samson includes singing. He's totally over "Down at the station" [that was so 6 months ago], but he still likes "You are my sunshine" a lot.

And as I've noted before, he sings along at the end of each line. However, for some reason, the line "you make me happy when skies are gray" has turned into "when skies are Greg."

Why this is, I don't know. But it's pretty funny.



Occasionally, he then branches off from the song and just starts some kind of free association listing of friends and relatives, starting with Mo-Mo [Uncle Greg's wife, and my sister] and then moving through Gram, Papa, Nana, Papi, and the litany of his friends and friends' parents.

Sometimes we even get a shout-out for the neighbors' dog before he circles back to Vicki and me. And while I'd like to think this means something, sometimes he ends with "tractor," so I'm not going to read too much into it. Either way, it's really sweet to hear him chronicle the population of his world before laying his head down for the night.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Greg looks astonishingly similar to the late great Rod Roddy. Come to think of it - I've never seen Uncle Greg and Rod Roddy int he same room together. [Help control the animal population - please have your pet spayed or neutered.]

Anonymous said...

Can Samson say "come on down?"

Anonymous said...

Is Uncle Greg teaching Samson how to play the Mountain Climber game in this photo?