12.20.2006

Cheap sunglasses



I believe it was the poet Billy Gibbons who exhorted young men to go get themselves some cheap sunglasses.

I have no idea where this pair came from, but lately Samson won't leave the house without them. Yesterday, as we were getting ready for school, he insisted on wearing them with his wool hat. Which made him look like the littlest witness protection program member.

But for the fact that we were running wildly late [not unusual on his schooldays], I would have grabbed the camera. He still had them on at school, and his teacher told me he'd been carrying them around on the playground the day before.

We watched a few minutes of U2's performance at the Live 8 concert the other day, and I'm guessing that it made a bigger impression on him than I realized at the time.

1 comment:

Alice said...

You know he's going to be a musician when he grows up. He looks so cool in his shades. Quite the little beatnick!