8.15.2006

Taskmaster

It's been far too long since we've done this, but Samson and I went out for a run this morning.

How long has it been? I'm not sure exactly, but long enough that he thought I was going to carry him while "we" ran. So that probably tells you something. And boy was he disappointed for those first few blocks.

In any event, in the intervening months between our last run, Samson has apparently become Bela Karolyi.

I stopped at a traffic light and heard, from the comfy comfines of the jogging stroller: "RUN!"

A few minutes later, as I slowed to take a drink of water [did I mention it's been a while since I've run with him?], I was again exhorted to "RUN!"

It was pretty humid this morning, and so we did a mile and a half at most [and that's a generous estimate] before heading to get some coffee and a muffin.

He eyed me carefully as I sat down with my coffee and asked "run home?"

I expect a memo from him about my eating habits and lack of commitment to training when I get home from work today.

No comments: