8.14.2006

Wiseguy

Big weekend; lots to catch up on, but I want to file this little dispatch now as I've got much to do and not much time.

Yesterday was a no-nap day. Why, I don't know. Because Samson was clearly tired.

But we put him in his crib, and he just played and played and played. Which on some level was fine because a) he wasn't screaming and b) we were painting our new bookshelves and really needed the time to get them done.

However, after an hour of listening to him playing, I wondered if he was unable to fall asleep because he needed his diaper changed. So, I went up and found him lying on his back in the crib, looking at the ceiling, a train in each hand.

What follows is the first recorded incident of Samson cracking wise.

Me: "Hey buddy, I thought you were supposed to be napping. What are you doing?"

Samson: "Laying back." [laughs]

Me: "Son, I'm proud of you."

1 comment:

JayJoe's mom said...

A no-nap day for us to! They are conspiring against us, no doubt!!