8.19.2008

Gravity and its discontents

Sorry about the long delay between posts. I've been really busy at work, and the school year has started for Vicki, so while I've actually had a few days at home with the kids, I haven't exactly had loads of free time.

Lots to catch up on, but a quick post for now will have to do. Last week, Samson discovered all three of Newton's Laws of Motion. At once.

Put another way: Shorts around your ankles is no way to go down a flight of stairs. Unless you want to get down very quickly. And without walking.

For reasons we still can't quite grasp, Sam came out of the bathroom completely undone and attempted to descend to the first floor this way. It didn't work out very well.

Once Vicki got him calmed down, he took great pains to let her know he didn't drop the drumsticks he was carrying. He mentioned this to me when relating the story too. I'm not sure if this was the silver lining of the otherwise woeful tale, but it seemed to make him feel better about the whole thing. Of course it made me wonder why he brings his drumsticks into the bathroom.

And I did try to point out that he might have used his hands to brace himself instead of doing the bare-bottom luge on our uncarpeted steps, but I'm not sure he believed me.

Just in case you're wondering, that night before bed we had the "we-don't-go-down-the-stairs-with-our-underpants-around-our-ankles" talk.

No comments: