6.18.2008

Breakfast in Eden?

We bought Samson a kids' Bible a few months back, and he really seems to enjoy some of the stories. [You can guess which one is his favorite.] Of course, Samson is also a pretty literal guy --- he is 3 after all --- and so I think we miss some of what he's picking up.

This morning he didn't finish his breakfast and didn't clear his place. When he went in to the dining room later, the milk that was in his bowl had been absorbed by the cereal he'd left. The following was relayed to me by Vicki a few minutes ago:

[Scene: dining room; Dramatis personae: Samson, Vicki]

Vicki: Samson, you didn't clear your place.

Samson: I'm not finished. I still want to eat my cereal.

Vicki: Well, we need to get you fresh cereal and milk.

Samson: (looking in the bowl) Hey, where did the milk go?

Vicki: Where do you think it went?

Samson: Did God drink it?

No comments: