8.24.2005

Apocalypse Sam

He just fell asleep. It's 8:30, and this is about two hours past his normal bed time. As Colonel Kurtz said: the horror.

We took a nice long walk tonight, which Samson is usually up for. It was so nice to be outside in the cool glow of a late summer day, enjoying the long shadows and cricket songs.

But then we got home, and what followed was sort of like that scene near the end of Apocalypse Now. You know, the one with the villagers and the ox.

Sam was the villagers and I was definitely the ox. I should have switched out his lullaby cd for "The End" by the Doors to complete the scene.

In any event, he finally tuckered himself out and is now sleeping soundly. Poor little guy.

2 comments:

dada said...

I did reference that during one of those midnight of the soul moments early in Sam's young life --- when everybody was up and almost everybody was crying.

It didn't go over well. A chung chung moment if ever there was one.

Anonymous said...

What Dada didn't mention in his post was that last night was the first night that he put Sam to bed by himself because Mama was out on the town. Not so bad, considering.

no. 1 samson fan: I'll have you know that I am a very good sleeper now-- thanks to my early training. (But I sure do miss being carried around on someone's hip)