8.30.2005

Cranky pants

Young Samson had a tough morning. Two rounds of what I can only describe as atomic diapers, followed by the vicious cycle of hold-me-put-me-down-hold-me-put-me-down. The up part of the cycle was accompanied by a fairly new trick.

Since he's started pointing, he has incorporated a Creation of Adam-style reach, where he not only announces the various lights he sees but also tries to touch them. He is learning and growing every day, and it is very profound in a Robert Browning kind of way.

Although, I could probably appreciate the significance of this more if there wasn't the imminent threat of Sam discovering gravity in a very Gerald Ford kind of way.

A note of caution to anyone who will be holding him in the near future: Hang on tight. He's a lot stronger than he looks.

No comments: