8.25.2005

The running man

Finally used the baby jogger for its intended purpose this morning. Samson sure didn't feel like he's only in the 10th percentile for weight when I was trying to run uphill (admittedly small hills, but still).

It's been gorgeous all week, and I finally got my act together and got us out of the house by 6:30 to go for a run. I'm pretty sure young Samson had a good time. I had anticipated being able to talk to him while "we" ran, pointing out birds, etc.

Sadly, his soundtrack for this first run was mostly my footfalls and labored breathing. Even so, when we got back to the house he was all smiles.

I have a newfound respect for the people (usually moms) I see in our neighborhood with full-size toddlers in their joggers. Hopefully this can become a part of the morning routine as we head into fall. Although, I may need to contact the good people at BALCO for some, er, assistance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

door + morning run = long nap

Thanks B