8.30.2005

Top 5 contest

In honor of Rob Gordon and his record shop, I thought it might be fun to see if I could come up with a top 5 list of songs that would make the sound guy at Camden Yards proud. Or get him fired. Here's my list, which, in true Gordonian music snob fashion, provides title, artist, and rationale.

If I was channeling John Cusack any more effectively right now, I'd be standing outside your window with a boombox over my head playing a Peter Gabriel ballad.

So here goes:

5. "I fought the law"/The Clash --- Sidney Ponson pitches
4. "Bigmouth strikes again"/The Smiths --- Barry Bonds on deck
3. "Wig"/B-52's --- Tony LaRussa jogs out to argue a call
2. "Knock me down"/Red Hot Chili Peppers --- Craig Biggio bats
1. "Calling occupants of interplanetary craft"/The Carpenters --- Manny Ramirez appears

No comments: