5.01.2007

Career planning


Since it's May Day and all, I figure I might as well tackle this topic now. Samson has already scoped out his career path and it involves hard hats.

He kind of goes back and forth about being a fireman or being a construction worker, but I think the important thing to him is the headgear.

Don't get me wrong, he still loves planes. And trains.

And he continues to drum on anything with a flat surface. But this kid is crazy for helmets. Which is fine up to a point. But you try putting a toddler to bed in a hardhat.

I can't tell you how many times he's hit the bridge of my nose while sitting on my lap with his fire chief hat on.

I'll be honest, even baseball hats are tricky when he's in my arms and makes a quick turn to look at something.

So lately I've been switching out his Thomas videos for "Fiddler on the Roof." I'm open for other brimless hat occupations, but I figure a little interest in the rabbinate right now couldn't hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lots of money to be made out there in construction land. and all that neat safety gear is FREE! and he alredy has the joe cool look down pat