9.20.2005

The Age of Discovery


I thought it was a fluke when it happened the other night, but after tonight's bath, I can draw no other conclusion. Samson has figured out that the drain plug, when removed, makes a cool sound. I think he'd also like to eat it, but I've been able to thwart his attempts so far [is there anything this child won't put in his mouth?].

Bathtime has morphed from a cute nightly ritual of laughter and splashing to something more like the trash compactor scene in Star Wars. Lots of futile attempts at climbing the walls mixed with a fair amount of yelling and despair. Friends who have kids who are a little older say this is a phase and that bathtime will soon be fun again.

Maybe so, but I still wish we had a droid to help us out of our nightly jam.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are droids waterproof? If not, they could rust.

Anonymous said...

Patience, Young Jedi.

Maybe you guys need to build a plank so Sam can pull-off the Luke backflip/handspring combo.

Or maybe I just need to get a life.

Anonymous said...

I would drop kick Yoda if he ever came near me.