9.30.2005

All apologies


Sorry for the dearth of posts in the past few days. Samson is still getting over his cold, and Vicki has been sick all week. She actually "took a sick day" on Wednesday, and I stayed home to help out. Which was probably the best non-sick sick day I've ever had. I got to take Samson to his swim class and just generally spend the day hanging out with him.

I had to take Ish to the vet tonight for his yearly checkup. He's not big on car trips, and he's really not big on strangers examining him/giving him shots. We had thought about all going, like a little field trip so Sam could see the vet's office. I'm really glad we didn't.

It got ugly. Pet Sematary ugly. He actually bit the vet and drew blood. And this was before the vaccinations. I'm pretty sure we're off their Christmas card list. It was all I could do not to intone, in my best down-east accent "sometimes, dead is better." Somehow, I don't think the doctor would have been amused.

In any event, we've got a big weekend ahead of us. Two birthday parties, the Fells' Point festival, and --- if we're feeling particularly brave --- Samson's first haircut. Stay tuned...

No comments: