9.05.2005

How I spent my summer vacation


With summer officially over, I tried to take stock of what I'd done. This picture kind of says it all. We went hiking on Sunday with Samson's friend Oliver (pictured here with his mom) and finished up our three hour tour of the woods at a park. The park uses old tires and woodchips and is, I guess, safe and eco-friendly. It is not, however, edible --- a point lost on young Samson.

At a conservative estimate, he put enough wood chips in or near his mouth to rebuild an oak tree and a swing to hang on it. He was less into the rubber bits, but I'd guess we could probably have outfitted a go-cart with the amount of rubber he tried to consume. To the best of my knowledge, he was foiled in all attempts. But I can't be 100 percent sure. He is fast. And determined.

1 comment:

Samsung said...

It's wonderful to find a father so passionate about parenting. And willing to write about it.

~Jae