9.19.2005

Let them eat cake


What would a first birthday be without the traditional wearing of the cake?

This is when Samson was still relatively clean. He ended up looking like Tomme in the Emerald Forest. Vicki made the cake (see below for the "before" picture) and the chocolate animal decorations. Sam (and dada) are lucky, to say the least.



This was easily the best birthday cake (or unbirthday cake, for that matter) that I've ever eaten. Aside from its obvious artistic merit, it tasted so good I was thinking: "If I ever have to go to the electric chair, I'd definitely want this for my last meal." [Am I the only one who rates food on a Dead Man Walking scale?]

Anyway, I'm guessing some other people enjoyed the cake too. We have a piece left. And it could probably be most accurately measured in angstroms.

So far we've observed a kind of tacit detente about who gets the last piece, but Vicki is at class tonight. By the time she reads this post...

No comments: