9.06.2005

Jailbreak?


I don't know what he's planning, but we've discovered that young Samson has been stashing food in his highchair. We're still working on the throwing food thing [and by working, I mean trying not to laugh when I hear myself say "Samson, no; we don't throw pineapple, we eat it." or "Samson James, stop dropping cheese on the floor."]

But this squirreling away of supplies is new. He was eating a string cheese, and I looked away to change the radio station. When I looked back, the cheese was gone. Assuming he'd thrown/dropped it, I checked the floor. Nothing.

Now he can't fit a whole string cheese in his mouth (this is not for lack of trying), so I knew it wasn't there. I figured it would turn up eventually --- everything does, except for that one kid from the Little People bus (Timmy, where are you?!). When I lifted him out of his chair to get him cleaned up, I saw the cheese sticking out ever so slightly from under the highchair cushion. There were also a few strawberry pieces and part of a cracker.

And a shiv.

Ok, there wasn't really a shiv, but I don't get to use that word very often and I just thought I'd throw it in there.

I'll have to keep an eye on his friends to see if they've got similar MOs. What I really need, though, is a 12-month-old Huggy Bear to give me the lowdown on what's happening in the playgroup. I'm looking at you, Jake. What's the word on the street, little man?

Something big is coming, I just know it...

No comments: